Gulf Coast Furs

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A helpful guide to acceptable behavior :)  (Read 14280 times)

Mercifur

Re: A helpful guide to acceptable behavior :)
« Reply #15 on: 08/11/10, 15:20:51 »

So what is the difference between rules and guidelines?

Mercifur

« Reply #16 on: 08/11/10, 15:29:39 »

Summary:  Rules are strict and there to govern, guidelines are a set of standards (or expectations) marked out for clarity.

In that case, use "guidelines" every time I've said "rules" in my previous posts.  I'm not inflexible, so guidelines are fine, as long as there are some posted somewhere.

Feame Rose

• Car: I will need someone to pick me up.
  • Fursona Gender: Male
  • Home: I can host parties
  • IRL Gender: Male
  • Relationship status: I'm single and looking
  • Always wanting to talk
« Reply #17 on: 08/11/10, 15:34:20 »

All these guidelines seem reasonable.  well, reasonable would put it crudely, they seem actually completely fitting...for lack of a more appropriate term.

that said, I do think it best that anyone hosting an event should probably post their own rules and guidelines for the given event.  Especially since some rules or guidelines for one event may not apply, or apply differently, at another event.
A Knight's power comes not from his arms, but from the friends he stands by and protects.  So...How strong are you, really?

Mercifur

« Reply #18 on: 08/11/10, 15:38:18 »

Yeah the Official GCF Events should all be family-friendly since we have minors on this site.  Absolutely.

Feame Rose

• Car: I will need someone to pick me up.
  • Home: I can host parties
  • Always wanting to talk
« Reply #19 on: 08/11/10, 15:39:23 »

on that much I completely agree.  though, I do hope to be able to pull things through to be able to join more official events in the future.  From what I have heard, they are a large bit of fun.  And if this kind of thing is the rule guidelines (or rather something along the lines of what is expected of members) then I could see it being rather easy to have fun without causing problems.
A Knight's power comes not from his arms, but from the friends he stands by and protects.  So...How strong are you, really?

Sjach

• Citizen
  • Car: Yes I can also pick up others
  • Home: Only 1 or 2 furs
  • Male (Since Pen isn't working)
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #20 on: 08/11/10, 16:03:21 »

Though Selroth does state that there are no official rules, I did post some guidelines/rules to the ADMIN board. Feel free to help add input there if you are a citizen so we can help cut down on drama and BS at future events, not just official GCF but also the unofficial ones.

http://www.gulfcoastfurs.com/index.php?topic=485.0
--Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience. (Unknown)

-- I don't give a [care] about doing things the correct way, I'm going to do them the right way (Sjach)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" width="230" height="85"><param name="movie" value="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="FlashVars" value="id=b4111c7d4ef32ed0173ae50176334e9116dfcc69&style=0" /></object>

Arashi

• Car: Yes I can pick up 1 other
  • Home: Only 1 or 2 furs
  • "veritas"
« Reply #21 on: 08/11/10, 16:53:03 »

then well... I'd like to say I'm not responsible for what the "GCF Security Team" does).

Id like to volunteer for this team lol
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 19 queries.