Gulf Coast Furs

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: username  (Read 7170 times)

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
  • Car: I will only provide transportation for myself
  • Fursona Gender: Male
  • Home: No visitors
  • IRL Gender: Male
  • Relationship status: I'm in a closed relationship
  • mew mew :3 <3
    • gaiaonline
username
« on: 09/29/10, 12:47:11 »

is it possible to get my username changed

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
    • gaiaonline
Re: username
« Reply #1 on: 09/29/10, 17:14:16 »

ill take that silence as a no... -_-

Sjach

• Citizen
  • Car: Yes I can also pick up others
  • Home: Only 1 or 2 furs
  • Relationship status: I'm single and looking
  • Male (Since Pen isn't working)
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #2 on: 09/29/10, 17:15:29 »

Yes you can. It's under your account settings. Give us some time to post as some of us have a job :P

If you go under your account settings, there's an option to change your displayed name. Hope this helps!
--Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience. (Unknown)

-- I don't give a [care] about doing things the correct way, I'm going to do them the right way (Sjach)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" width="230" height="85"><param name="movie" value="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="FlashVars" value="id=b4111c7d4ef32ed0173ae50176334e9116dfcc69&style=0" /></object>

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
    • gaiaonline
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/10, 17:21:51 »

i wanna change it to kristhewolf, 1 cuz im not a husky any more, 2 cuz its giving me ocd issues seeing that it still is husky, 3 i decided that the name of my fursona is kris, and sjach i dont see that option anywhere on the account settings

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
    • gaiaonline
« Reply #4 on: 09/29/10, 17:34:13 »

anyway, in my opinion, i think it would be a good idea to give members on the sight the ability to change their user name cuz sometimes u get tired of ur old username and want a new one, kinda like an old pair of shoes that get worn out, u dont want to keep usin them, u want new ones and u can usually get them, unless ur a hobo, cuz hobos cant aford new shoes, unless they get them from some kind of charity event for free, so atm, im the hobo, the username is shoes, ur a charity event, and i would like new shoes please >.> (i see the irelavence of thi posts now <.< but its still a somewhat lol able comparison)
« Last Edit: 09/29/10, 17:40:22 by joshthehusky »

Sjach

• Citizen
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #5 on: 09/29/10, 17:35:07 »

If you log into your profile and click on 'account settings' on the left, the first option will be your log in name, and then the second one is what you want it to be displayed as.
--Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience. (Unknown)

-- I don't give a [care] about doing things the correct way, I'm going to do them the right way (Sjach)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" width="230" height="85"><param name="movie" value="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="FlashVars" value="id=b4111c7d4ef32ed0173ae50176334e9116dfcc69&style=0" /></object>

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
    • gaiaonline
« Reply #6 on: 09/29/10, 17:38:57 »

ok, given that info, and the fact that im still not entirly sure about the name of my sona, then i would like it to be changed to wolfjosh0331 one of my generic usernames, that i am sure about

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
    • gaiaonline
« Reply #7 on: 09/29/10, 17:51:25 »

if that is the case then, i would pefer the displayed name, Josh the wolf

Sjach

• Citizen
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #8 on: 09/29/10, 19:35:01 »

Sjach, you only see that option because you have that permission enabled.  Regular members do not get the option. 

I apologize for the mis information then. Sorry about that ^^;;

Carenath

• The Whipping Administrator
  • Car: Yes I can pick up 1 other
  • Relationship status: No Answer
  • Sexual Orientation: Straight
  • Profile not yet updated
    • Gulf Coast Furs
« Reply #9 on: 09/30/10, 09:53:58 »

Thanks for your understanding.  I really appreciate it :)

I do wish I could help you further, but I'm hesitant to change your name still, but for a different reason.  I dislike numbers in a username and think they are too... "Internet-y" for a tight-knit community.  With that, how about you just go with what you introduce yourself as when you go to a furry event? 

One thing I can also do, if you'd rather be seen as "Josh" but not take that username, is seperate the "Display Name" and "username".  So, you could log in as wolfjosh0331 but still be seen as "Josh" in the community.  Or "Josh the Wolf" if you'd like, since a display name can contain spaces while a username can't.

I'll try to get Carenath's thoughts on this thread as well, as he may well have a difference of opinion.

After taking some time to think about this and discuss it with Selroth, I'd have to say I agree with his methods.  Some discussion of the timeframe was made, however, there will always be one-off situations at some point.  I fully support the recommendation of a one year time-frame per name-change with exception to special circumstances.  This is to help prevent confusion and preserve the continuity within the social group we have here both in forum and RL.  If there is ever any concern over a situation that might fall outside the norm for this, myself and Selroth are always available via many means to discuss it. 

Per the requested name change (`Josh the wolf `), I'm in agreement with Selroth that the requested name change is fine and permissible given the situation. 

Now, back to my bagel, coffee, and workstuffs. :-}

~Carenath

Josh the Wolf

• Citizen
    • gaiaonline
« Reply #10 on: 09/30/10, 12:50:05 »

ok

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 19 queries.